1.09.2008

New Years Shouts!

I have been checking out some stuff lately, and to paraphrase good buddy Iowahawk,

"The House Recommends" the following:

Kid Dyno and crew has a great new podcast called Breaks for Days Radio. Check it out. Admittedly, I am not much of a hip hop head, but Kid Dyno put together a cool mix with which I enjoyed expanding my listening palette.

Vincent @ Fufu Stew has a New Year's Mix called Fufu Funk Mix #4 1/2. How deep are his crates? I can't believe the volume and quantity of the mixes that he shares with us all...

DJ Blueprint is continuing his guest mix series at This is Tomorrow. There is always something new there- either a new mix, a dusty 45, or something else cool, such as the list he shares dedicated to all of the music people who left us in 2007. Definitely check this one on the regular.

Scholar at Souled On, has a feature called "Cover My Ass" on offer. Here he shares the history behind a track and then serves up a cover version. The quality of writing here, truly allows Scholar to live up to his moniker. Learn something...

Heavy Soul Brutha Dave has a new mix up called Four Quads per Channel Mix. Dave is pushing a tribute to the 70s with this mix of LP tracks. Check it out.

Support your fellow bloggers!

2 comments:

HSB DaveB. said...

Thanks for the shout! Hope all is well with you my man!!!

Peace and SOUL,
Dave...

Anonymous said...

Yes, I thank you too. Just like the man said, I am a number one main liner, otherwise known as a funk junkie! Another new all 45 rpm mix is forthcoming...

Peace and blessings.