7.06.2006

Little Boy Blues

I was out beating the throttle on the '66 Mustang this morning, when I decided to pop an old cassette into the player.

I was on a more "open" road that has a posted 50MPH limit and there were few other cars around.

The song that started playing at the stop sign was "You Don't Love Me," by 1966 stalwarts, The Little Boy Blues. What a killer garage track. Tuff is the operative word here, and as I mentioned more than a few years back, Jimmy Page definitely learned something from the guitar break in this track.

As I clunked the top loader into 4th, and jammed the gas pedal, the song kicked into the guitar break. I took the turn fast. The car thanked me on this sweeper for the new black walls that I bought earlier this year. A nice smooth turn a bit above the posted limit.

On the way back to HQ, some Mom-looking person tried to stop light drag me in an Acura. She didn't beat me, and wouldn't any other day while I am blasting the garage behind the controls of an old Ford.

Get out there and feel some horsepower while cranking some tunes from 1966!

No comments: